iFixit prematurely revealed all the parts it plans to sell for the Steam Deck that will soon allow you to fix Valve’s latest handheld by yourself, if you so choose.
As reported by The Verge, iFixit was already known to be one of the authorizrd sellers of Steam Deck replacement parts, but the collection of the parts were not quite ready to be announced yet, including the motherboard with the AMD Aeirth chip for $350.
It appears that some orders were even placed, and iFixit said it will honor those that made it in.
“Earlier today we published some pages related to our upcoming parts launch with Valve,” iFixit wrote on Twitter. “These went live earlier than we planned, so we ended up taking them down. If you did get a parts order in, we’ll honor it. Stay tuned for the real launch soon!”
iFixit’s parts will do more than simply let you fix your Steam Deck, as some parts could be an upgrade to certain models. This means those that purchase the 64GB or 256GB models will soon have the chance to purchase and install the 512GB model-exclusive premium anti-glare etched glass for $95.
All in all, iFixit confirmed there will be 23 distinct parts, and they are as follows
- Steam Deck Fan / Part Only – $24.99
- Steam Deck Fan / Fix Kit – $29.99
- Steam Deck (512GB) Screen / Part Only – $94.99
- Steam Deck (512GB) Screen / Fix Kit – $99.99
- Steam Deck (64GB or 256GB) Screen / Part Only – $64.99
- Steam Deck (64GB or 256GB) Screen / Fix Kit – $69.99
- Steam Deck Right Thumbstick / Part Kit – $19.99
- Steam Deck Right Thumbstick / Fix Kit – $24.99
- Steam Deck Left Thumbstick / Part Only – $19.99
- Steam Deck Left Thumbstick / Fix Kit – $24.99
- Steam Deck Action Button Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck D-Pad Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck Steam Button Rubber Membrane – $4.99
- Steam Deck Speakers – $24.99
- Steam Deck Left Trigger Button Assembly – $7.99
- Steam Deck Right Trigger Button Assembly – $7.99
- Steam Deck Left Bumper Button Assembly – $6.99
- Steam Deck Right Bumper Button Assembly – $6.99
- Steam Deck Back Plate – $24.99
- Steam Deck Front Plate -$24.99
- Steam Deck Motherboard – $349.99
- Steam Deck Right Daughter Board – $29.99
- Steam Deck Left Daughter Board – $29.99
- Steam Deck Battery Adhesive – $4.99
- Steam Deck Screen Adhesive – $4.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (US) – $24.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (EU) – $24.99
- Steam Deck AC Adapter (UK) – $24.99
For those in the UK, GamingOnLinux has a partial list of prices in your region as well.
Steam Deck Teardown
One of the big pieces missing from this list is the Steam Deck battery. According to iFixit CEO Kyle Wiens, the team is working on it.
“We are building a solution for repairing the Steam Deck that includes all the step-by-step guides and parts that you need to fix your Deck,” Wiens said. “Our initial release includes the parts and tools to complete most repairs.
“We don’t have a solution for battery repairs on day one, but we are committed to working with Valve to maintain these devices as they age. Battery replacements are going to be essential to making the Steam Deck stand the test of time.”
For more on Steam Deck, be sure to check out our review, Valve’s official Steam Deck teardown, and all the good and bad things we’ve discovered since using Valve’s new hardware.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org†